Wednesday, April 25, 2007

How important are birthdays?

Last Sunday, April 22, we sang "Happy Birthday" to one of the ladies in our small church. This is something we do whenever someone in our small group has a birthday. This is not something that is difficult to do since we only have thirty-five to forty adults and maybe 15 children in the worship family.

That is where I had something to learn. Pastor Reuben told me yesterday that she cried while we sang. Something so simple touched her so deeply. How could we know this or even think that this would have such a profound impact on her? I am so glad that there are people like Pastor Reuben who remember to sing "Happy Birthday."

I cannot remember what was preached that Sunday, maybe I was the preacher, but I will remember the results of singing that simple act of grace extended to a lady who experienced it.

Please pray that we all will be faithful in extending grace to one another. Remember Jesus said something about a glass of water given in his name.

No comments: