Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Graduation

It was a great weekend! Saturday, several of the men from our small church plant and I went to a small, rural community and fellowshipped with three families that have been conducting a "house church" for many years in their very simple home. They led the singing and I had the priviledge of sharing God's Word with them and then they fed us. What a humbling experience to be fed by people who do not have a lot of the world's "stuff" but are rich in grace and hospitality. I wanted to bring all of you along!

Then Saturday night was the graduation banquet for the college. We were celebrating with the eleven students who have completed their five year degree course and the nineteen who have completed their one year certificate course. The highlight of the evening was the message from Philippians 4 by one of our more recent graduates who is church planting. What he shared was so practical and powerful. I came away rejoicing in the fact that God has used this school to help mentor such a young man. The fact that Carol and I were sponsors for his wedding probably influences my thinking as well.

Sunday was graduation at the college and what a great time of rejoicing that was as well!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Vance,

I just wanted to be the first to post on your blog! Sounds like graduation was stimulating and it sounds rewarding to be able to see students making it all the way through. I pray that your ministry will have many such rewarding events.

Yours in Christ,

Bert

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, you seem to have a very well put together blog here!

Regards,
Bat Mitzvah Camera